Sunday, August 30, 2015

Gathering of Justice League: The Day of The Run

Much to contrary belief, I am not fit. It has been a while since I took part in a marathon cos the last 1 didn't really went too well. It took some time to get back the confidence. And not having zombies eager to rape, I mean rip me apart was helpful.
Every crucial marathon starts off with testing of gear. Especially if you have fancy gears like capes and mask, you must really make sure your superpowers are not affected. I joined as "Flash" cos Wonder Woman and Superman "Women" team ran out. My Mum said my Tee still look good though.
Flash
My BF was forced to join the Superman team so that I could get the cape. :P And trust me, at the race, I am truly sure I am not the only demanding GF. The day dawned bright and early. I think it has been a long while since I even bother to wake up to exercise so I guess I am those people that needs something elaborate before I will bother to exercise!
Don't be ashamed to wear your gears in the public transport because on your way there, you are bound to meet similar heroes. For the same noble cause, you are all to the same destination. If you are a flabby wanna-get-back-in-shape newbie like me, you will be happy to know that you have companion on this journey.
Selfie
My opinion is that the roads are a bit of a squeeze with quite a number of slopes. Those up slopes totally break my spirit. But I enjoyed the view, paused a bit to take some photos (is that a break excuse, I dono) and had to be hurried by my companions. And I have to say, if I really had to break out in a sweat, I prefer not to do it alone, but in a high euphoric atmosphere.
I ran around 1.5Km at best, which was an improvement from my last race where I literally wilted in the sand dunes. I would think I am a reason why Flash didn't win as he should. He is definitely the fastest in the DC League.
Finishing Line
I did pull down 1 supermen but this didn't stop Team Superman, which won with an average finisher nett time of 31 mins 10 secs. Guess Team Superman settled the age-old debate by proving that the Last Son of Krypton is indeed worthy of the title. Notice the difference when we reached the finishing line between the first runner and me, LOL!
Depending on the type of runner you are, the sense of achievement would really differ. For me, I am just glad I completed the race. For a good deal of the race, I am proclaiming "is that person seriously running? How can he still run, man?" That's the sort of level I am at. :)
Fringe Activities
Ended the day with some fringe activities. You can check mine out on Instagram :O Am a bit sleepy to repost them here. Woke up against nature and my own biological clock for the run. :P
Do check out the beautiful medal I received too. My first and definitely not last medal. Next time round, I am going to be one of those people who finish running the race. I am going to catch up on my beauty rest now. Seeya and stay fit. Follow me on my runs/exercises at #YawnRun. You can encourage me by leaving a comment or 2 if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment