Friday, May 13, 2016

Pink Label: Sleep well with Chou Chou

Bean Sprout Husk Pillow
It is almost as though I am bringing my readers and myself back on a travel machine. If you had read The Little Prince before, you would know all grown-ups were once children.. but only few of them remember it. (P.S Baby in picture not me. My old Chou Chou used to be very plain. Haha. Can't even find the old photos)
I hope you are one the few who still has some faint recollection that once upon a time, you used to have a very prized possession who comforted you to bed. We affectionately call it the "Chou Chou". For readers overseas, the "Chou Chou" is a bean sprout husk pillow.
Bean Sprout Husk Pillow
A lot of people know the Chou Chou as something for the kid as it helps them to sleep better. But for adults, it works the same too. Lately, I have been sleeping a lot better. So, what do I use my Chou Chou for?
  1. Eye mask - when catching the 40 winks in the living room in the afternoon, I put it over my eyes to block out the light
  2. Tummy Comforter - During my period, I put it over my tummy to ease the discomfort
  3. A good night rest - I hug it and sniff it. LOL. Soon it will stink and smell like me. While the whole world thinks it is worthy to be tossed in a garbage dump, it will cast a spell and entrall me with its familair fragrance. Hehe.
  4. For a friendly companion - I have this nasty habit of bringing a pillow everywhere in the house (except the toilet) :P
bean_sprout_husks_pillow_Starwars
For any of you interested in getting one for yourself or your kid, I got mine from Pink Label. They retail a lot of baby goods such as wet bags etc. But just because something is labelled as a baby good doesn't mean adults can't use them. :) All the products are hand-made and very well made.
Do check out their stock separately here. They go OOS so fast as each piece is limited. It took me quite a while before I settled on my Chou Chou design - Pooh Bear. They also have the premium version - Starwars, Tsum Tsum. I thought the Starwars was darn adorable. But since the Chou Chou is for me, I didn't want something so masculine. But if I had a little boy I would get one for him.
Chou Chou
"Only the children know what they are looking for" said the little prince."They waste their time over a rag doll, and it becomes very important to them; and if it's taken away from them, they cry."
"They are the lucky ones" said the pointsman.
Don't take away my Chou Chou. I may not cry. But I definitely will throw a royal fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment