Saturday, April 29, 2017

Upcycle your Guitar

Feeling crafty or a music lover, you are going to love the new addition in my room. It is an *insert drumroll please* an upcycled guitar. If you have a spare guitar at home and don't really know what to do with it, I guess you really should read on.
But first let me share a little on upcycling. Upcycling is pretty much like recycling but adding more value to it. (Psst. This is my definition, not from an dictionary.) It takes a little innovation and creativity and viola, you may have something new!
So here's the finished product. You may wonder how it look like before we added on the little trinkets. Don't worry, I will show you the pictures later. So I added some lights and ornaments and the pop art guitar looks as one with my room. Find the pop art familiar. I ever had a post with a similar pop art. (Read post here.) Sad post though.
And if you think the guitar before, guess what it has been on TV before with Chen Ning. Whee~~~ So here's some information on how you get your very on Upcycled Guitar Shelf. This is a piece from Hey Izzy.
There are some pre-made designs or you may customise your own. If you are feeling adventuorous, you may even make your own guitar shelf at Hey Izzy's workshop . Apart from guitar shelves, there are also Ukelele shelves and even prints you can find on Hey Izzy. I know I have written about other forms of crafts. Pretty glad I am finally sharing on carpenter-ship. (Quite a dying art) :(  Hopefully this post will revive some interest in it.
Finally, here's what you all have been waiting. The shelf is made up of 2 pieces. And it arrived in a guitar case. The head of the guitar doesn't belong to the guitar but it makes a pretty interesting ornament. And I fixed the shelf myself! That's how easy it is. I hope you enjoyed the post. And do look out for more posts on dorm deco. And you may want to try out the upcycling workshop yourself. It sure sounds like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment