Sunday, June 18, 2017

Funky Find: What is my Carbon Footprint

I am very into going green lately, so I thought I would share with you a pretty interesting website - What is my Carbon Footprint. It is a Singapore Edition which lets you calculate your impact on Earth. You just have to answer a few questions and you will get your results.

Interestingly, some of us may think that we are very Green but actually are pretty far from doing so. Taking me for example, I think I travel and maybe hoard a little too much. Maybe it is time for me to be a minimalist.

The one on the left is my result, while the result on the right belongs to the BF. Guess we are pretty Green. I am slightly greener cos of my diet. I eat a lot more Greens than meat. I thought just wanted to clarify that being environmentally friendly doesn't mean you have to forgo all your meat. You just have to reduce your consumption.

Being green pretty much starts from oneself. I am now recycling bottles etc. :D Just in case any of you are wondering how Green Singapore is, Singapore actually lacks behind the Scandinavian nations, Taiwan, Japan and Korea. But there are definitely a lot more efforts being made.


If you are interested in visiting a Green Community, you can try out Yu Hua. There are recycling projects spearheaded by the residents (ongoing for 10years already, mind you) and you will also find some test-bed experiments such as the green wall (doesn't seem to be thriving too well though) and the pneumatic bins.

I took some photos in the resident's gardens. Usually it is not open. And it is really nice and quaint. I am sure in your neighbourhood there is also probably a nice spot like this waiting to be found. :) Ending the post with a video for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment