Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Hidden Gem: Goldleaf Resturant


The weather has been wet and cold lately. So I thought I am obliged to share with you guys some good comfort food. If you would like a taste of home, something light, something simple but very very delicious, you should really check out Goldleaf Restaurat.

It is a hidden gem at Amoy Street, serving Taiwanese Tze-Char. There is free-flow of rice and porridge. But I would really suggest the sweet potato porridge. If you are lucky, you might even have 2 chunky potatoes in your bowl!


Generally, I think you can follow my orders because I made really good choices. I was only disappointed with at most 2 dishes max. The rest, I am practivally raving about them.


  • Goldleaf Prawn Rolls ($9.80) - For me, this is a pass. It is not bad. It is just average. And i have tasted better!
  • Er Chye (Taiwan Lettuce) ($10) - Honestly, I am never eaten this vegetable anywhere else before. It is so addictively delicious, even though it was kinda of oily.
  • Chye Por Omelette ($10) - If you chee kueh and the dried radish, you should order one. Chye Por is really hard to self-make, so this is probably one dish you can't make it yourself.


If you need something good for the eyes, instagram and stomach, don't miss out the Goldleaf Pork Ribs ($18), it was so frigging good. The sauce was savory and the meat was plentiful! And it is amazing with the porridge (Did I tell you u i had 3 bowls! OMFG!)

This would have been easily been the best meat dish there, until I tried the 3 Cup Chicken. ($15) The thing is I ever had 3 Cup Chicken, and I didn't have my mind blown. But I saw every table ordering one and so I caved in to the recommendations.


And you know what, you shouldn't leave without having it. Even if 2 meat dishes are too much, you must also eat it. This is one dish you can smell the fragrance of it till it makes you droll. (It was my last mains by the way but I still made tummy for it!)

The chicken was so tender and the zap (gravy) was so delicious! I could probably eat plain porridge with the sauce. It is pure gold. Actually, it leans towards the salty side, but it was so flavourful and yummy I just drank it like soup! Hahaha!


And seafood lovers, you can try the crab and the fish. I didn't try them out but given the other quality, I am sure they are brilliant as well. But what I did try was the Seafood Beancurd ($8) You can eat it on its own or with the sauce. The sauce is really good, so good you could eat it on its own as a dish too.

Instead of free peanuts, you can free tofu with ikan bilis and yellow beans. It is very different but I feel very value for money (like got a free main like that...haha) Oh and do try out the Oyster Mee Sua. ($10) Annoyingly, they always sell out in the afternoon, now you know when to go.


Thought you might want to know, the drinks at Goldleaf Restaurant are handmade ($3.50 per glass). I would strong recommend Plum Juice. Desserts choices are a bit limited with Yam Paste ($5) and Herbal Jelly ($4.50). The Yam Paste standard was top notch. But the herbal jelly tasted kinda of like Grass Jelly. Hmm.

Personally, I think this place is under-rated. Hope you all enjoy this secret share of mine. See you all soon :P

Goldleaf Restaurant
103 Amoy Street, Singapore 069923

Daily: 11:30 - 14:30
Mon - Wed: 18:00 - 22:00
Thu - Sat: 18:00 - 23:00
Sun: 18:00 - 22:00

No comments:

Post a Comment