Tuesday, January 2, 2018

SukkixLASplash Lipsticks Collection Review


I am not sure if any of you are familiar with glamour girl Sukki Singapora. But I have been following her for a while now so I was super thrilled when I got to try out her a 6-colour lippie collection she recently launched with LaSplash.

Just to share a little more about Sukki, she is Singapore’s very first Burlesque artist. And before all you pervertic male readers link in to kinky striptease, Burlesque is more of a form of art that explores and empowers female's sexuality. And most of the audience are usually female. (Surprise, Surprise!)


I was really happy when I received 5 of her lippies. I didn't get the gold one which was a bummer cos it was one of the more flamboyant colours which I was excited to try for the new year. And I had 2 repeated colours (which one I gave away!)

True to her Burlesque nature, the design of the lippie are intricate and detailed-orientated. Very eye-catching. The colours bold and flirty, which is a good change to the nude shades of lippies and glosses I have. And Sukki was so sweet, not only did she signed off each of the unique lotus-designed cover, she even wrote a note <3

So here's a curated swatch of the different colours.

Matte
  1. Sukki (Top Left): This seems like a very office-friendly colour which is chic and powerful at the same time. But for me, bold red is still a striking colour (scares me a bit) but I do acknowledge how great they look on Asian skintone. (Note: I don't have this shade.)
  2. Girl Power (Top Middle): This is a very vampy and mysterious shade. I like that it is purpurish yet not there sort of feel. There is something that makes you wanna go Kiss Me Edward about this shade. Haha
  3. Chio Chic (Top Right): This is my shade now. It is a lot brighter than it seems and my Mum thinks this brighten me up naturally. If you wanna twin with me this is your go-to I guess. Hehe
Shimmer
  1. Burlesque Babe (Bottom Left): My Mum took this cos she said this is something she doesn't have (wanna look young probably) yet not too provocative for work. 
  2. Cupcake Dream (Bottom Middle): Honestly, I am clueless how to pull this off day to day without looking like a Barbie. Haha. This is for giveaway. Ting Ting Ting!
  3. Desi Queen (Bottom Left): The one which I missed. It is not every day you have golden lips right. Should I get it, should I get it?!?

Here's a picture of me in Chio Chic and transformed into a pouty little Diva. Hehe. The lippies were so thick and smooth. One layer and you are good to go. 2 layers for safety precautions Haha. And they smell so good (cake scents), I would have kissed myself to taste them if I could. The applicator was small and easy to use too. :)

Although X'mas is long over, you can still pamper yourself. It is discounted at US$10.80 and comes with free shipping if you get all 6! To purchase the online, visit LASplash. And for those who are hoping to win some pampering goodness to start off the new year, may the 4s be with you. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment