Friday, March 16, 2018

Food Tour Part 9: Comfort food for stress days

Alright, to be honest, school has been a little stressful with so many submissions! Omg, I think I am losing my sanity. I seriously shouldn't be writing but sometimes this place give me a little bit of breather as I rattle on about stuff unrelated to my packed life.

You are not expecting this, but here's a post. Hehe! I guess I will do a quick one about food. Because that's what I have been doing a lot - binging to de-stress. Oops!


This chain has been around for a long time. Honestly, I have no love for it initially. I tried it and I was like meh...why are people even buying this expensive shit. Then one day, my BF's bro bought it home and I gave it a second try (Yellow Ribbon project) and I was hooked ever since.

Seriously, is there even drugs in it? I am so obsessed, I even took a photo of its menu so that I can get anyone to tabao next time. Actually,BlackBall is not that pricey if you share it with your family. Whoever who brought this chain into Singapore is my hero man! With that said, do you think you can let me be your ambassador? LOL!

Another chain that has some longevity and sprouting around lately. And I love it. I am just obsessed with hot pots. They just seem so healthy (not really) and warm about them. Ever since, Shi Li Fang popped up, I have always been a fan.

There is some cheap thrill about them that excites me. (Ok, they ain't that cheap and the food variety aint fantastic) It is just some comfort food and is a lot cheaper than other steamboats out there. Highly recommend if you are not looking for an atas meal!



3. Real Chinese Food
Wherever you are staying at, I am sure you notice there are these ridiculous number of Chinese shops (manned by Chinese) popping up. Mala, Chong Qing Fish etc. you name it, they probably have it. Greasy, oily, spicy, definitely not healthy, but hey I like it. Ooops haha. So I gave them a chance, and yum.

The price differs greatly. Some are awesome and cheap. Some are yucky and overpriced (NUS Law School one definitely falls into the latter.) My tip is to observe the PRC, if they are buying from that shop, it is probably legit. Just some stress food you may consider.

And sigh, I am back to endless readings. But thanks for entertaining my sanity break!

No comments:

Post a Comment