Thursday, May 10, 2018

Tribal Textile Prints with gnibshopp


Sawadee Ka~~~Here's another post from the land of smiles. Quite honestly, I have been a bit dull in my fashion. But I really do enjoy a good challenge so I tried out some prints and in my own terms, I would say "more traditional Thai-textiles and design"!

I was surfing through gnibshopp and I really like how they incorporate the tribal prints into a more modern cutting. Generally, their clothes are mostly shapeless, and that was a problem cos I tend to look fat in them. But on a bright side, you can wear them even when you grow a bit rounder. hehe.


I love this top, the colourful dangling tuffs and contrasting design, I am always a sucker for the bohemian look.  But, usually I don't look that good in them despite my bias for them. When I first receive it, my feelings were a bit mixed. Honestly, I was a bit worried on how I am going to pull it off.

Generally, I like high-waisted stuff, cos it always force a shape and I think it work for the top as well. The checkered shorts (from Thailand too by the way) was a bit of a risk cos when you pair complicated +complicated, it becomes too messy on the eyes. But for this it works out fine.


And the earrings just completed the look. Without the earrings, there was just something not too right with the outfit. I would recommend you to get their earrings too if you are getting their apparels. Just so you know, the designs are not something you can get in Singapore.

For my second look, my accessories were plainer cos I wanted to go for a casual polished look. Okay la, the hairtie was not very fitting of the look :P Personally, I don't see myself wearing the hairtie again, not because of the quality or anything but cos it is not my style. But I will be saving it for my little girl in future. My Pearl Stars earrings are from Thailand too! (Read more about Rouge Jewelry here!)


My second look was the shapeless dress. I was quite in my zone cos I have a lot of similar pieces. Usually, a belt is the key to all shapeless dress. I super love this piece cos it is very simple (though it makes me have a mum-feel, think it is cos of my hairstyle) and the bells on it.

Yes, you heard me, they have bells!!! But they are not annoyingly loud and at crowded places you can barely hear them. It has a nice jingle and it is very addictive for me to shake and announce my presence (to my BF). He is not that much of a fan, but I am hooked! It is like free music!

I know it has been a while since I gone to my "Thai roots" but you know what I am so happy to be doing it again. I hope you are too because such posts are here to stay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment